Breast augmentation surgery is a procedure that will be a part of your life forever, so it is important that you achieve the best results possible. You want to find the best surgeon available who can take care of you both during and following the procedure. However, you also play a pivotal role in getting the best breast augmentation possible.
While the majority of your responsibilities occur after breast augmentation surgery, your results will also benefit greatly by contacting an experienced New Mexico plastic surgeon, like Dr. Michael S. Hopkins at Plastic Surgery Center, P.C. Call today to schedule a consultation where you can learn more about your options for breast augmentation surgery.
Patients who have thoroughly educated themselves about breast augmentation are typically the most satisfied with their results. The following is a list of pre-surgery responsibilities to ensure you are ready for your breast augmentation surgery
· Research the benefits and risks of breast augmentation surgery
· Educate yourself about the differences between saline and silicone breast implants
· Determine your personal goals for the surgery
Your recovery period will be affected by factors including your age, body shape and the placement method used, among other things. But you can help your recovery and comfort level by following these tips:
· Follow the instructions from Dr. Hopkins – including post-operative medications and changes to your daily activities
· Attend all of your follow-up appointments – including mammograms
· Clear your schedule so you can get as much rest as possible which will help you heal more quickly
· Wear loose-fitting clothing, eat healthy foods and don’t smoke for 2 weeks before and after your breast augmentation surgery
If you live in New Mexico and are considering breast augmentation, please contact
Dr. Hopkins and his compassionate staff at Plastic Surgery Center, P.C.
in Albuquerque, New Mexico to have your breast augmentation questions answered.